Havana, June 9 (RHC)-- The Cuban capital will host the 24th Annual Meeting of the Sao Paulo Forum, a meeting of Left parties and progressive movements of the region, from July 15th to the 17th. The Communist Party of Cuba will convene the gathering.
José Ramón Balaguer Cabrera, head of the International Relations Department of the Cuban Communist Party, sent a letter to Forum members issuing the call for the event.
“It is time to bring together ideas and efforts to stop, as soon as possible, the current counterrevolutionary offensive of the international and regional right,” reads the letter.
"We are convinced that this is the right time to defend the important achievements treasured by the Left and the progressive forces of the region during the last 20 years," said Balaguer Cabrera.
He added that the meeting will assess how to transform the setbacks occurred in recent years, in order to win the next battles of the region.
- Debates at ALBA Summit focus on regional situation
- RHC's national and international news stories Dec. 14
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 2940
- online: 150
- total: 6773496