Election of Delegates to 20th Congress of the Confederation of Cuban Workers Begins Later this Month
Havana, October 10 (RHC)-- The election of delegates to the 20th Congress of the Confederation of Cuban Workers, the CTC, will begin on October 25th, as preparatory meetings are held at union locals throughout Cuba.
Work groups are now selecting pre-candidates who will be added to the list supplied to the selection assemblies, who will choose the candidates at meetings up until December 10th.
The 20th Congress of the CTC will be held in the first quarter of 2014 and will center its debates on the strengthening of the national economy, preservation of working class traditions, the struggle against graft, theft and other criminal activities and the defense of socialism.
Selection meetings will also hear proposals to strengthen the current process of rehabilitation of the national economy.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3303
- today: 382
- online: 100
- total: 5434284