Ambassador in Havana of the Russian Federation, his excellency Mijaíl Kaminin
Havana, June 28 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez presented the ambassador in Havana of the Russian Federation, his excellency Mijaíl Kaminin, with the Cuban Friendship Medal during a ceremony Thursday morning at the headquarters of the Cuban Foreign Ministry.
In his remarks at the ceremony, Deputy Foreign Minister Rogelio Sierra Díaz said the medal, bestowed by the Cuban Council of State, is in recognition of ambassador Kaminin's personal contribution over the past ten years serving in the post, to the advancement of Russia-Cuba relations, particularly political, economic and trade ties.
The Cuban diplomat praised Kaminin's role facilitating what he called 'frequent high-level exchanges' that have contributed to further cementing bilateral links. He took the opportunity to also thank the Russian government and people for their strong, invariable stance in support for Cuba and against Washington's blockade policy toward the Caribbean state.
In accepting the high distinction, Ambassador Kaminin said it signals the historic friendship and solidarity ties between Russia and Cuba and pledged his full support for efforts to further strengthen bilateral ties.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 1474
- online: 109
- total: 5936297