Ambassador in Havana of the Russian Federation, his excellency Mijaíl Kaminin
Havana, June 28 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez presented the ambassador in Havana of the Russian Federation, his excellency Mijaíl Kaminin, with the Cuban Friendship Medal during a ceremony Thursday morning at the headquarters of the Cuban Foreign Ministry.
In his remarks at the ceremony, Deputy Foreign Minister Rogelio Sierra Díaz said the medal, bestowed by the Cuban Council of State, is in recognition of ambassador Kaminin's personal contribution over the past ten years serving in the post, to the advancement of Russia-Cuba relations, particularly political, economic and trade ties.
The Cuban diplomat praised Kaminin's role facilitating what he called 'frequent high-level exchanges' that have contributed to further cementing bilateral links. He took the opportunity to also thank the Russian government and people for their strong, invariable stance in support for Cuba and against Washington's blockade policy toward the Caribbean state.
In accepting the high distinction, Ambassador Kaminin said it signals the historic friendship and solidarity ties between Russia and Cuba and pledged his full support for efforts to further strengthen bilateral ties.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4072
- online: 221
- total: 6664889