Esteban Lazo Hernandez, speaker of the Cuban Parliament.
Havana, June 29 (RHC)-- The National Assembly of People's Power, the Cuban Parliament, has been convened to hold the first ordinary session of its 9th legislature on Saturday, July 21st.
The call, published in this morning's edition of Granma newspaper, is signed by parliament´s speaker Esteban Lazo Hernandez
This is the parliament´s first ordinary session since it was installed last April 19. According to the call, the Assembly´s permanent committees will gather to study the draft of the Constitution on the 18, 19 and 20 of July before the plenary session.
The legislative body met in an extraordinary session last June 2. During that session, the parliament elected a 33-member committee headed by Raul Castro, the First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party, to work on the draft of the Constitution.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4375
- online: 145
- total: 6627266