Havana, July 10 (RHC)-- The European Left values as very important the upcoming 24th meeting of the Sao Paulo Forum in Havana, saying that Cuba is a champion in the promotion of dialogue and unity in Latin America and the Caribbean.
In statements to prensa Latina news agency, Marco Consolo, coordinator of the political party's working group for Latin America and the Caribbean, said Cuba is a beacon of light, a reference in the region and also in Europe regarding the quest for peace, unity and social justice.
He praised Cuba's contribution to peace efforts in Colombia, recalling that Havana served as both guarantor and venue of the peace negotiations that ended in the signing of a peace accord between the Colombian government and the country's largest guerrilla group –the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). He added that Havana is again venue of the ongoing peace talks between the Colombian government and another guerrilla group --the National Liberation Army (ELN).
Consolo, who serves also as head of International Relations for the Communist Refoundation Party (CRP) of Italy, said the European Left has participated as an observer for many years in the meetings of the Sao Paulo Forum. This time, he added, the political organization will include representatives from leftist parties in Italy, Germany, Spain, Finland, France, Greece and Portugal.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 3882
- online: 266
- total: 6764952