Havana, March 7 (RHC) With the participation of 373 delegates the Cuban Women´s Federation (FMC) is holding its 9th Congress at Havana´s Conventions Palace focusing on issues related to the role of women in society.
The forum´s agenda also includes other topics such as equality of rights, the image and presence of women and their organization in the media, as well as the performance of the Federation.
Participants will first gather in working commissions prior to a plenary session scheduled to take place Saturday in which they will debate the central report to the Congress and the conclusions reached at the commissions. The presentation of the National Secretariat and Committee of the Federation will take place also on Saturday, final day of the forum, which marks International Women´s Day.
The Congress was preceded by an assembly process in the bases, in which Federation members exposed and debated their concerns and initiatives to have their organization at the center of the social and economic transformations underway in the country.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 3381
- online: 116
- total: 4939287