Havana, March 7 (RHC) With the participation of 373 delegates the Cuban Women´s Federation (FMC) is holding its 9th Congress at Havana´s Conventions Palace focusing on issues related to the role of women in society.
The forum´s agenda also includes other topics such as equality of rights, the image and presence of women and their organization in the media, as well as the performance of the Federation.
Participants will first gather in working commissions prior to a plenary session scheduled to take place Saturday in which they will debate the central report to the Congress and the conclusions reached at the commissions. The presentation of the National Secretariat and Committee of the Federation will take place also on Saturday, final day of the forum, which marks International Women´s Day.
The Congress was preceded by an assembly process in the bases, in which Federation members exposed and debated their concerns and initiatives to have their organization at the center of the social and economic transformations underway in the country.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: Everything that we have achieved must be consolidated
- Imperialism and Revolution /Program 5
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's Arts Roundup September 19
- Indignation grows over Ayotzinapa disappearances
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 3803
- online: 136
- total: 6383822