Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Ralph Gonsalves. File photo
Havana, July 11 (RHC)-- Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Ralph Gonsalves will begin an official visit to Cuba Thursday, during which he will have a packed agenda that includes meetings with top Cuban authorities.
Gonsalves, a long-time friend of late leader Fidel Castro, the Cuban people and their Revolution, has visited our country on several occasions.
Commenting about the participation of Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel as a special guest in the recently held 39th Regular Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) in Montego Bay, Jamaica, Gonsalves said that Cuba's role in Caribbean integration has been decisive.
Addressing the participating regional leaders in the conference, he said: “I want the Cuban people to know that CARICOM member countries have the common goal of moving forward in the search for stronger ties with Cuba.”
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3520
- today: 2351
- online: 157
- total: 5646498