Havana, March 7 (RHC)-- The 9th Congress of the Federation of Cuban Women got underway today here in the Cuban capital. The meeting, held at Havana's International Convention Center, is focussing on issues related to the role of women in society.
The forum's agenda also includes other topics such as equality of rights, the image and presence of women and their organization in the media, as well as the performance of the Federation of Cuban Women, the FMC.
Participants gathered in working commissions prior to a plenary session scheduled to take place Saturday, in which they will debate the central report to the FMC Congress and the conclusions reached at the commissions. The presentation of the National Secretariat and Committee of the Federation will also take place on Saturday, the final day of the forum, which marks International Women's Day.
The Congress was preceded by an assembly process throughout the island, in which Federation members debated their concerns and initiatives to have their organization at the center of the social and economic transformations underway in the country.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 2411
- online: 116
- total: 5251747