Havana, July 17 (RHC)— The presidents of Venezuela and Bolivia, Nicolas Maduro and Evo Morales, are in Cuba to attend the 24th annual meeting of the Sao Paulo Forum which is closing at Havana´s Convention Center this Tuesday.
The event has gathered over 400 representatives from left-wing parties and other progressive forces from Latin America and the Caribbean
The closing session will be devoted to the ideals and thoughts of the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, who was, together with former Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, the promoter of this space of convergence, debate and joint action that was born in 1990 as a result of the Meeting of Political Parties and Organizations of the Left of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Monday´s sessions were devoted to highlight the importance of unity among progressive forces of the region.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 434
- online: 165
- total: 6656301