Havana, August 4 (RHC) – Cuban revolutionary leader Raul Castro and President Miguel Díaz-Canel strongly condemned the attack perpetrated this Saturday in Caracas against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Via the twitter account of Cuba’s Foreign Ministry, Raul Castro and Diaz-Canel expressed their solidarity and unyielding support for Maduro, the Venezuelan government and people and its civic-military union.
The presidents of Bolivia, Evo Morales and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega also condemned the attempt to assassinate Maduro.
Drones with explosives were used in the attack against the Venezuelan dignitary Saturday evening as he was delivering a speech during a function marking the 81st anniversary of the Bolivarian National Guard.
Maduro was unharmed but seven National Guard troops were injured and are undergoing medical treatment.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 4219
- online: 172
- total: 6751600