Havana, August 4 (RHC) – Cuban revolutionary leader Raul Castro and President Miguel Díaz-Canel strongly condemned the attack perpetrated this Saturday in Caracas against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Via the twitter account of Cuba’s Foreign Ministry, Raul Castro and Diaz-Canel expressed their solidarity and unyielding support for Maduro, the Venezuelan government and people and its civic-military union.
The presidents of Bolivia, Evo Morales and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega also condemned the attempt to assassinate Maduro.
Drones with explosives were used in the attack against the Venezuelan dignitary Saturday evening as he was delivering a speech during a function marking the 81st anniversary of the Bolivarian National Guard.
Maduro was unharmed but seven National Guard troops were injured and are undergoing medical treatment.
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Deceitful conference on the Middle East
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2925
- today: 2298
- online: 164
- total: 5652303