Havana, August 4 (RHC) – Cuban revolutionary leader Raul Castro and President Miguel Díaz-Canel strongly condemned the attack perpetrated this Saturday in Caracas against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Via the twitter account of Cuba’s Foreign Ministry, Raul Castro and Diaz-Canel expressed their solidarity and unyielding support for Maduro, the Venezuelan government and people and its civic-military union.
The presidents of Bolivia, Evo Morales and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega also condemned the attempt to assassinate Maduro.
Drones with explosives were used in the attack against the Venezuelan dignitary Saturday evening as he was delivering a speech during a function marking the 81st anniversary of the Bolivarian National Guard.
Maduro was unharmed but seven National Guard troops were injured and are undergoing medical treatment.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 641
- online: 106
- total: 5047940