Havana, August 4 (RHC) – Cuban revolutionary leader Raul Castro and President Miguel Díaz-Canel strongly condemned the attack perpetrated this Saturday in Caracas against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Via the twitter account of Cuba’s Foreign Ministry, Raul Castro and Diaz-Canel expressed their solidarity and unyielding support for Maduro, the Venezuelan government and people and its civic-military union.
The presidents of Bolivia, Evo Morales and Nicaragua’s Daniel Ortega also condemned the attempt to assassinate Maduro.
Drones with explosives were used in the attack against the Venezuelan dignitary Saturday evening as he was delivering a speech during a function marking the 81st anniversary of the Bolivarian National Guard.
Maduro was unharmed but seven National Guard troops were injured and are undergoing medical treatment.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2453
- online: 141
- total: 5240885