Gambia expresses gratitude for Cuba's health-care cooperation
Havana, August 9 (RHC)-- The Minister of Health and Social Wellbeing of the Republic of Gambia, Dr. Isatour Touray, has expressed his gratitude to Cuba for its contribution to the health-care system in that African nation.
The statement came during a meeting with Cuban Ambassador Lazaro Herrera, who was paying a courtesy call to the recently appointed minister. The Gambian health minister spoke highly of Cuba's over two decade-old medical assistance program and reaffirmed his country’s interest in continuing to reinforce the friendship and cooperation bonds with the Caribbean island.
Cuba and Gambia have maintained diplomatic relations since May 19th, 1979.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- RHC's national and international news stories August-16
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August 15
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August-14
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3215
- today: 1975
- online: 108
- total: 6260269