Gambia expresses gratitude for Cuba's health-care cooperation
Havana, August 9 (RHC)-- The Minister of Health and Social Wellbeing of the Republic of Gambia, Dr. Isatour Touray, has expressed his gratitude to Cuba for its contribution to the health-care system in that African nation.
The statement came during a meeting with Cuban Ambassador Lazaro Herrera, who was paying a courtesy call to the recently appointed minister. The Gambian health minister spoke highly of Cuba's over two decade-old medical assistance program and reaffirmed his country’s interest in continuing to reinforce the friendship and cooperation bonds with the Caribbean island.
Cuba and Gambia have maintained diplomatic relations since May 19th, 1979.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 2999
- online: 115
- total: 6037070