Havana, August 10 (RHC)-- Cuba has arrived at three million international visitors, a figure achieved despite the negative campaigns organized and directed by the U.S. government to discourage the travel of Americans to the island.
According to the Cuban Ministry of Tourism, MINTUR, this result, which is obtained 16 days later when compared to the previous year, demonstrates the confidence and recognition reached by Cuban tourism as a destination for peace, health and safety.
Data released by MINTUR shows a decrease in the arrival of vacationers until May 31st of 6.6 percent, in relation to the same period of 2017, although there were positive numbers in June, indicating a gradual recovery.
According to the information available, this initial decline in tourist arrivals was influenced by hurricanes that affected the Caribbean area last fall, as well as the entry into force of the restrictions on travel to Cuba adopted by the current government of the United States.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2377
- online: 184
- total: 6653442