Havana, March 10 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raul Castro described the Special Development Zone at the Harbor of Mariel, located west of Havana, as the most important project being built on the island.
Raul Castro made his statement during an evaluation of the investment project as he was briefed on the construction of railways, thoroughfares, water-supply infrastructure, and the area dedicated to logistics, among other works.
The Cuban head of state said that the Mariel project is part of the defense of the country’s economic future because Cuba cannot continue to depend on the export of a handful of products to achieve its development.
He also praised the big effort at work and called for advancement after congratulating the executives and workers involved in the task.
The evaluation meeting was also attended by First Vice President Miguel Diaz Canel, Revolution Commander Ramiro Valdes, Vice President Antonio Lusson and other national and provincial government officials.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3598
- online: 201
- total: 4099553