Bachelet, who served as president between 2006 and 2010, will receive the presidential band from the hands of Isabel Allende, daughter of former Chilean President Salvador Allende. Isabel currently chairs the Chilean senate.
A pediatric surgeon, Bachelet got the presidential vote with a 61 percent popularity vote -- considered as unprecedented. According to Prensa Latina news agency, the president expects to establish a new constitution, through a referendum or a constituent assembly, and bring important reforms to the country’s educational system.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 4104
- online: 197
- total: 4086827