Bachelet, who served as president between 2006 and 2010, will receive the presidential band from the hands of Isabel Allende, daughter of former Chilean President Salvador Allende. Isabel currently chairs the Chilean senate.
A pediatric surgeon, Bachelet got the presidential vote with a 61 percent popularity vote -- considered as unprecedented. According to Prensa Latina news agency, the president expects to establish a new constitution, through a referendum or a constituent assembly, and bring important reforms to the country’s educational system.
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with foreign ministry officials
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Aragón Orchestra)
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4558
- today: 4153
- online: 147
- total: 4360994