Writer Marta Acosta receives the award. Granma Photo
Havana, Aug 30 (RCH) – Cuban Marta Acosta has won the 2018 Julio Cortázar Iberoamerican Short Story Contest. The winning text by the young writer was El Olor de los cerezos, The Scent of Cherry Trees.
The jury noted the quality of the prose in the writer's work and invited her to continue along the path of good literature.
The story by Marta Acosta immerses the reader in sad atmosphere and family nostalgia, using the symbolic expressiveness of nature, stated the jury.
In this seventeenth edition of the Iberoamerican short story contest, mentions were also awarded to the stories Dedicatoria, Dedication, by Bolivian Amílcar Albín, and Crónica de la española, Chronicle of the Spaniard, by Puerto Rican Benito Pastoriza.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 5248
- online: 212
- total: 8276079