Havana, September 6 (RHC) -- Hurricane Florence continued intensifying in the Atlantic Ocean, the Meteorological Institute has warned in an advisory.
The storm continued to gain in intensity early Thursday with maximum sustained winds of 140 kilometers per hour and higher gusts, classified as Category 1 in the Saffir Simpson Scale.
With a west-northwest movement, at 19 kilometers per hour, the storm’s possible course and development are to be watched, said the Cuban weather institute.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3089
- today: 2871
- online: 168
- total: 5643498