Havana, September 8 (RHC)-- Cuba will take part in the 7th Assembly of Regional Peace Movements, set to begin on Monday in the Dominican Republic, with the participation of peace activists from the United States, Mexico, South America and the Caribbean.
Silvio Platero, president of the Cuban Movement for Peace and the Sovereignty of the Peoples, told the press in Havana that the regional conference takes place at a crucial moment given the current complex political situation in our region, marked by an imperialist offensive unleashed by the United States with the support of the national oligarchies of some regional countries.
Platero further said the regional event aims to coordinate strategies toward supporting and strengthening the proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace, which was unanimously agreed upon by regionals heads of state and governments in 2014 here in the Cuban capital.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 773
- online: 122
- total: 5545197