Cuban First Vice President, Salvador Valdes Mesa
Pyongyang, September 11 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Salvador Valdes Mesa attended celebrations in Pyongyang on the 70th anniversary of the creation of the People's Democratic Republic of Korea.
Valdes Mesa attended the main parade as a special guest. He was greeted by North Korean President Kim Jong-un, with whom he spoke briefly before the beginning of the celebrations.
The Cuban leader arrived in Pyongyang on Saturday, after a brief visit to China, as part of an Asian tour that is also taking him to Vietnam.
This is Valdes Mesa's second North Korea visit. He first traveled there in June 2016, as a special envoy to then Cuban President Raul Castro to inform the North Korean leaders of the outcome of the Seventh Congress of the Cuban Communist Party (PCC).
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 1240
- online: 96
- total: 5936063