Cuban First Vice President, Salvador Valdes Mesa
Pyongyang, September 11 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Salvador Valdes Mesa attended celebrations in Pyongyang on the 70th anniversary of the creation of the People's Democratic Republic of Korea.
Valdes Mesa attended the main parade as a special guest. He was greeted by North Korean President Kim Jong-un, with whom he spoke briefly before the beginning of the celebrations.
The Cuban leader arrived in Pyongyang on Saturday, after a brief visit to China, as part of an Asian tour that is also taking him to Vietnam.
This is Valdes Mesa's second North Korea visit. He first traveled there in June 2016, as a special envoy to then Cuban President Raul Castro to inform the North Korean leaders of the outcome of the Seventh Congress of the Cuban Communist Party (PCC).
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 4628
- online: 169
- total: 6650669