Cuban First Vice President, Salvador Valdes Mesa
Pyongyang, September 11 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Salvador Valdes Mesa attended celebrations in Pyongyang on the 70th anniversary of the creation of the People's Democratic Republic of Korea.
Valdes Mesa attended the main parade as a special guest. He was greeted by North Korean President Kim Jong-un, with whom he spoke briefly before the beginning of the celebrations.
The Cuban leader arrived in Pyongyang on Saturday, after a brief visit to China, as part of an Asian tour that is also taking him to Vietnam.
This is Valdes Mesa's second North Korea visit. He first traveled there in June 2016, as a special envoy to then Cuban President Raul Castro to inform the North Korean leaders of the outcome of the Seventh Congress of the Cuban Communist Party (PCC).
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8030
- today: 6593
- online: 201
- total: 7318799