Havana, September 11 (RHC)-- Cuba is preparing to dispatch a new 500-strong contingent of health specialists to Venezuela in late September and early October, to strengthen cooperation with the South American nation in the sector.
The new contingent of collaborators will support the work there by Cuban specialists at disease diagnosis centers, particularly in under-served areas.
Cuban health minister José Ángel Portal Miranda, said in Havana that a first group, comprised of 289 general practitioners, will arrive in Venezuela later this month. They add to the group of ten experts in epidemiological surveillance, health statistics and auditing, human resources management, medication planning, sanitary administration and oncology programs, who arrived recently in the South American nation.
The new 500-strong contingent will support the work of the 21,000 Cuban health professionals, who are currently offering their services in Venezuela under existing bilateral cooperation programs
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 9, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 09, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 8, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 08, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5982
- today: 948
- online: 267
- total: 8315959