Havana, September 11 (RHC)-- Havana is hosting the 15th Meeting of Contact Points of the Asset Recovery Network.
Sources of Banco Central de Cuba said the Havana meeting is organized by the Financial Action Task Force of Latin America, a regional mechanism whose main purpose is to work toward developing and implementing a comprehensive global strategy to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
Cuba became a state party of the Financial Action Task Force of Latin America in 2012.
The Havana meeting is being attended by experts from some 20 nations in our region, the European Union, mainly Spain, Italy and France, as well as representatives from international organizations.
Issues under discussion include international cooperation to facilitate the identification, localization and recovery of assets seized from criminals, as well as the common fight against terrorist financing and weapons of mass destruction.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4889
- online: 243
- total: 6665706