Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
Pinar del Río, September 13 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel termed as broad and thorough the public debates on the proposed draft Constitution, taking place in workplaces and communities across Cuba since last August 13th.
Díaz-Canel attended the debate on the proposed text held Wednesday at the Hermanos Saíz University in Cuba's westernmost province of Pinar del Río, where he is currently on a working visit, touring economic and social centers and exchanging with local authorities and residents alike.
During the debate at the Hermanos Saíz University, the Cuban president commended the massive participation of university students, their teachers and local residents and the well-thought out opinions collected on the draft Constitution.
The debate on the proposed text focused mainly on such issues as individual, social, economic and cultural rights, the maximum age to be elected Cuban president and government structure.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 865
- online: 133
- total: 5545289