Havana, September 14 (RHC)-- The Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) has called for global action on Twitter and an Internet forum debate to reject the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed on the island by the United States for almost 60 years.
Activities will kick off on Monday, September 17, between 10:00 a.m. and 12 noon, local time in Cuba, under the title "The World Against the Blockade."
The Twitter Storm and on-line forum are taking place as part of a broader campaign entitled: “We Remember: Solidarity against the Blockade and Terrorism,” running from September 4th through October 6th.
The event is also taking place in the context of preparations for the annual vote, taking place this year on October 31st, at the UN General Assembly on a draft resolution demanding an end to the unilateral and extraterritorial measures applied by Washington against Cuba.
Since 1992, the international community has strongly supported similar texts presented to the General Assembly, with 191 of 193 member states voting in favor of an end to the genocidal policy for the last three years.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel meets with British business people in London
- Eusebio Leal: "We cannot reach the future, but from the past"
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Argentina – The social panorama worsens!
- Cuban and Vietnamese presidents meet in Hanoi
- U.S. business people advocate increased trade with Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3523
- today: 3330
- online: 120
- total: 5330124