Havana's Barrio Chino / Chinatown. Photo: Google
Havana, September 22 (RHC)-- Havana's Barrio Chino, or Chinatown, is set to get a revamp in honor of the city's 500th anniversary, according to the President of the Provincial Assembly of People's Power, Reynaldo García.
García told reporters in the Cuban capital that a plan has been designed to repair and restore many of the area's patrimonial and urbanistic assets in an effort to reflect Chinese identity and culture.
Other initiatives include reviving Chinese traditions, especially the culinary arts, pottery and decorative techniques, as well as key facilities like the Chinese printing press Kwong-Wah-Po, and traditional medicine outlets.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 4300
- online: 167
- total: 6751681