Havana's Barrio Chino / Chinatown. Photo: Google
Havana, September 22 (RHC)-- Havana's Barrio Chino, or Chinatown, is set to get a revamp in honor of the city's 500th anniversary, according to the President of the Provincial Assembly of People's Power, Reynaldo García.
García told reporters in the Cuban capital that a plan has been designed to repair and restore many of the area's patrimonial and urbanistic assets in an effort to reflect Chinese identity and culture.
Other initiatives include reviving Chinese traditions, especially the culinary arts, pottery and decorative techniques, as well as key facilities like the Chinese printing press Kwong-Wah-Po, and traditional medicine outlets.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 2556
- online: 145
- total: 5649636