Havana's Barrio Chino / Chinatown. Photo: Google
Havana, September 22 (RHC)-- Havana's Barrio Chino, or Chinatown, is set to get a revamp in honor of the city's 500th anniversary, according to the President of the Provincial Assembly of People's Power, Reynaldo García.
García told reporters in the Cuban capital that a plan has been designed to repair and restore many of the area's patrimonial and urbanistic assets in an effort to reflect Chinese identity and culture.
Other initiatives include reviving Chinese traditions, especially the culinary arts, pottery and decorative techniques, as well as key facilities like the Chinese printing press Kwong-Wah-Po, and traditional medicine outlets.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 1085
- online: 117
- total: 5857195