Cuban and South African trade unions strengthen ties. Photo: RHC
Johannesburg, September 22 (RHC)-- Cuban and South African trade unions have agreed to expand cooperation and strengthen ties during the African nation's recently concluded 13th Trade Union Congress.
The Foreign Relations Director of the Confederation of Cuban Workers, Ismael Drullet, attending the event in Johannesburg, highlighted expressions of solidarity, respect and affection for Cuba, by the participating organizations, which represent over two million workers.
He also noted that Zingiswa Losi, the first female president in the organizations 30-year history, will visit Cuba next year to attend May Day celebrations and the 21st Congress of the Confederation of Cuban Workers.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4040
- today: 1473
- online: 124
- total: 6499933