Cuban president visits 9/11 Memorial in New York. Photo: PL
New York, September 29 (RHC) Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel visited the 9/11 Memorial in New York on Saturday. He called the installation overwhelming and full of symbolism.
The presence of a Cuban delegation here means a tribute to the victims, and also the expression of the island's rejection of terrorism as a practice and of the causes generating it, he told the Cuban journalists covering the visit.
This is what we talked about at the United Nations a few days ago, he recalled—how capitalist domination and expansionist greed create grudge and hatred, the only possible explanation to things as terrible as the 9/11 attack in New York.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 7938
- today: 5629
- online: 136
- total: 7012036