New Delhi, October 2 (RHC)-- Cuba will build a bioelectric plant and a 50 megawatt and a wind farm thanks to a loan granted by India, Cuban Minister of Energy and Mines, Raúl García Barreiro, confirmed Tuesday.
Garcia Barreiro, who is on a working visit in India, said the bioelectric plant will be associated to the 30 de Noviembre sugar mill in the western province of Artemisa, while the wind farm will be erected in Holguin, in eastern Cuba.
This is the third wind farm to be built by the Caribbean nation, as part of the plans to increase the use of clean energy in 24 percent of its electricity generation by 2030.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 1858
- online: 108
- total: 5955464