Gerardo Hernandez, one of the Cuban Five. Photo: Twitter
Havana, October 2 (RHC)-- Deputy to the National Assembly of People's Power and decorated Hero of the Republic of Cuba, Gerardo Hernández, has stated that the process of popular debates on Cuba's new Constitution strengthen the country's democracy.
Speaking to Prensa Latina, Hernández – who was one of the Cuban Five – described the process as unique and a democratic exercise extending across neighborhoods, work places and educational centers.
The Cuban parliamentarian stressed that the process reflects the unity of the Cuban people around the Revolution, and highlighted the seriousness and importance of proposals made during debates.
According to Gerardo Hernández, two key features of the new Constitution -- the socialist character of the country's social economic and political system, as well as the leading role of the Community Party -- have been ratified during the popular consultation process so far.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 4134
- online: 178
- total: 8274965