Cubana flight 455 sabotage bombing claimed all 73 on board. Photo: Granma
Havana, October 5 (RHC)-- Cuban officials and diplomatic representatives from nations of the region attended a ceremony on Havana in memory of the victims of the mid-air sabotage bombing of a Cuban plane near Barbados on October 6, 1976. The terrorist action claimed the lives of all 73 people on board.
A condemnation of terrorism in all its forms and manifestations was issued during the event. The keynote address was delivered by diplomat and former president of the Cuban National Assembly, Ricardo Alarcón.
Alarcón described the Cubana plane sabotage bombing as monstrous, and lashed out at the masterminds of the attack -- self-confessed terrorists Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch -- being provided safe haven in the United States.
Alarcon recalled that in the sabotage, in which 57 Cubans, 11 Guyanese and five Koreans lost their lives, U.S. intelligence agencies were implicated.
During the tribute, held at the Casa del Alba in Havana, several of the diplomats condemned terrorism on behalf of their governments.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 13, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 12, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 9, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 09, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6495
- today: 3898
- online: 289
- total: 8325404