American Airlines adds more flights to Havana. Photo: Google
Havana, October 16 (RHC)-- American Airlines has announced that it will offer more daily flights to Cuba, despite U.S restrictions on its citizens who want to visit the island.
Ramon Jiménez, the American Airlines manager in Cuba, said: "We have recently started a fifth daily flight between Havana and Miami, and next year, in May, we will inaugurate a new daily flight between Miami and Santiago de Cuba, our sixth destination in the country."
Jiménez said that the airline currently has 10 flights a day to the island, half of which are between Miami and Havana. The other daily flights connect Miami with provincial cities such as Camaguey, Holguin, Santa Clara and Varadero.
American Airlines has also signed an agreement with Cuba's tour operator, Havanatur, which will sell airline tickets in its 80 branches across the island.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 417
- online: 175
- total: 7381860