Guantanamo, March 14 (RHC)-- During a visit to a sugar mill in eastern Guantanamo province, Cuban Vice President Jose Ramon Machado Ventura called for an efficient harvest that contributes an increase in the local sugar output.
Speaking with workers at the Argeo Martinez sugar mill, the only plant operating in the province, Machado Ventura, who also serves as Second Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party, acknowledged the positive results reached so far during the harvest in Guantanamo and encouraged them to keep increasing the yield.
The industrial output of the sugar mill is expected to meet reach 26,196 tons, although Machado insisted that the plant has the potential to contribute another 2,000 tons.
The vice president asked the workers to contribute as much sugar as they can in order guarantee longer harvests of about 150 days and to keep planning high quality sugar cane varieties that favor higher yield over 40 tons per hectare.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 3902
- online: 163
- total: 3833049