Paris, March 14 (RHC)-- French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius will receive his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez in Paris for a meeting that will focus on the development of bilateral relations between the two countries.
According to a statement by the French Foreign Ministry, the two officials will consider opportunities for economic, scientific and cultural collaboration during a meeting that takes place in the contest of the resumption of links between the European Union and Cuba.
On February 10th, European Union foreign ministers adopted the initiative and requested the European Commission and foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton to begin negotiations with Havana of a Political and Cooperation Accord.
On March 6th, Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez announced that his country welcomed the proposal. Cuba will act in a constructive manner to resume the political and cooperation dialog on equal grounds, with no pre-conditions, with full respect for the sovereignty of the states.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 2287
- online: 136
- total: 4368300