Havana, October 30 (RHC)-- Students from all over Cuba will take part in a Tweet Storm against Washington's blockade of the island on Wednesday. The on-line action coincides with the debate and vote at the UN General Assembly on the Cuban draft resolution on the need to put an end to the U.S. blockade.
Diosvany Acosta Abrantes, member of the National Bureau of the Young Communist League (UJC), told Juventud Rebelde newspaper: "We will demand the cessation of the blockade in the areas of art, culture, sports and recreation." He also said that the Tweet Storm will be directed from the Jose Antonio Echeverria Technological University of Havana.
The UJC leader invited people around the world to join on the social networks -- #NoMasBloqueo, #HacemosCuba and #UnblockCuba.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 2642
- online: 125
- total: 5956248