Havana, October 30 (RHC)-- Students from all over Cuba will take part in a Tweet Storm against Washington's blockade of the island on Wednesday. The on-line action coincides with the debate and vote at the UN General Assembly on the Cuban draft resolution on the need to put an end to the U.S. blockade.
Diosvany Acosta Abrantes, member of the National Bureau of the Young Communist League (UJC), told Juventud Rebelde newspaper: "We will demand the cessation of the blockade in the areas of art, culture, sports and recreation." He also said that the Tweet Storm will be directed from the Jose Antonio Echeverria Technological University of Havana.
The UJC leader invited people around the world to join on the social networks -- #NoMasBloqueo, #HacemosCuba and #UnblockCuba.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4424
- online: 149
- total: 6627315