Communist Party leader Raúl Castro welcomes President Miguel Díaz-Canel upon his return from international tour
Cuban President Miguel Diaz Canel arrives home after international tour. Photo: Prensa Latina
Havana, November 15 (RHC)-- The First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba Raúl Castro welcomed President Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez at Havana's José Martí International Airport Wednesday evening.
Díaz-Canel returned home from his first international tour as the Cuban head of state, which included Russia and four Asian countries, plus stopovers in France and Britain.
Raúl was accompanied by José Ramón Machado Ventura, Central Committee second secretary, and First Vice President Salvador Valdés Mesa.
During the tour, Díaz-Canel held meetings with heads of state, businesspeople, solidarity activists and Cuban residents abroad, reaffirming the country’s determination to strengthen friendship and cooperation ties.
Another highlight of Miguel Díaz-Canel's first international tour as Cuban president was the signing of a number of important cooperation agreements, covering the economy, technology, energy, industrial development and sports.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 410
- online: 197
- total: 8072312