Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- The president of the National Assembly of People´s Power, Esteban Lazo Hernández, has officially convened the deputies for the second ordinary session of the 9th legislature to take place on December 21st.
In an official statement published in Granma newspaper, Lazo said that prior to the plenary session, deputies will meet from December 16 through 20, in the different permanent committees for their usual work and for the analysis of the Draft Constitution.
In November, the parliament committee chaired by the First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party, Raul Castro, made a thorough analysis of the proposals raised by millions of participants in the Popular Consultation on the Draft Constitution that took place from August 13 through November 15.
The committee worked on the modifications that are to be made to the document, that will be now be discussed by the 605 deputies that make up the Parliament before it is submitted to an island wide referendum early next year.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 3144
- online: 156
- total: 6649185