Havana, December 24 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel said advancing economic development is the country's main task for 2019 and also the most complex.
In his closing remarks at the second session of the 9th legislature of the National Assembly of People's Power, the Cuban Parliament, Díaz-Canel said that 2018 was marked by firm, steady steps toward improved economic management, which should begin bearing fruit during 2019.
He noted that 2018 registered a modest economic growth of roughly 1,2%, which he called 'limited, though encouraging' and stressed that the estimated growth for 2019 stands at 1,5% and will be marked by the recovery of sectors like the sugar industry, construction, transportation and communications.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4040
- today: 1412
- online: 120
- total: 6499872