Havana, January 3 (RHC)-- Cuba's Pedro Kouri Tropical Medicine Institute (IPK) has announced that the 16th International Workshop on Dengue, Zika and other Emerging Arbo-viruses, will be held from August 12 to 23, 2019.
According to organizers, the global epidemiological situation regarding the main arboviruses, its medical importance for humans, and clinical diagnosis will all be addressed by national and international experts.
Participants will discuss the development of vaccines and antivirals, new control tools, surveillance, emergency response, the influence of climate change and new international initiatives to mitigate their effects.
A multi disciplinary group of experts will host lectures, round tables, symposiums and practical activities, across issues such as: Integrated vector management; Impact of Zika infection on the pregnant woman and newborns; Mechanisms of resistance to insecticides; The community in the control of Aedes aegypti and Research priorities.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2756
- today: 847
- online: 131
- total: 5960219