Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
Havana, January 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez called on Thursday to fight for the release of former Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
In a message on his Twitter account, Rodriguez also demanded an end to the legal persecution of the former presidents Cristina Fernandez (Argentina) and Dilma Rousseff (Brazil), among others.
“Let us unite all the honest political forces of Our America and the planet to demand the release of Lula and an end to politically motivated persecution of former president Cristina Fernandez and Dilma Rousseff and other leftist leaders,” the foreign minister wrote.
Lula is currently serving a 12 year sentence for alleged acts of corruption, while Rousseff and Fernandez have been targets of political and legal persecution.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3536
- today: 1421
- online: 117
- total: 6073421