Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
Havana, January 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez called on Thursday to fight for the release of former Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
In a message on his Twitter account, Rodriguez also demanded an end to the legal persecution of the former presidents Cristina Fernandez (Argentina) and Dilma Rousseff (Brazil), among others.
“Let us unite all the honest political forces of Our America and the planet to demand the release of Lula and an end to politically motivated persecution of former president Cristina Fernandez and Dilma Rousseff and other leftist leaders,” the foreign minister wrote.
Lula is currently serving a 12 year sentence for alleged acts of corruption, while Rousseff and Fernandez have been targets of political and legal persecution.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4088
- today: 4354
- online: 198
- total: 6640189