Cuban Institute of Friendship, ICAP. Photo: Granma
Havana, January 8 (RHC)-- The president of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP), Fernando Gonzalez, warned on Monday that progressive movements and governments in Latin America are facing strong and articulated attacks by imperialist forces.
Speaking at ICAP headquarters, where he received solidarity activists from Brazil, Gonzalez explained that such aggressions are part of efforts to demoralize leftist forces and reimpose neo-liberalism throughout the region.
Gonzalez called to strengthen unity in diversity and thanked the Brazilian people for their solidarity with Cuba in its fight against the U.S. blockade, and for the closure of the illegal U.S. naval base in the eastern province of Guantánamo.
He also demanded an end to the media campaigns and subversion against Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua and progressive processes of the region.
Gonzalez highlighted the support of the Brazilian people to the Cuban collaborators who participated in the More Doctors program, before offensive and aggressive remarks by President Jair Bolsonaro forced the Cuban government to pull out from the program that provides health care to millions of vulnerable Brazilians.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 4532
- online: 213
- total: 8076434