Havana, January 11 (RHC)-- The electoral list for the February 24th referendum on Cuba's new Constitution will be released as of January 16th, according to local reports, which added that it is important that each person verifies registration and data, and if necessary, correct, modify or update them with authorities.
Legally enshrined in Decree Law 248/2007, the Electoral Register is a public and permanent document, and all citizens with legal capacity to vote are registered.
The final version of the new Constitution which was approved by the Cuban Parliament on December 22, has been available since last week on-line and more recently in printed format at sales outlets across the entire country for the price of one Cuban peso.
The new Constitution is the result of a broad public consultation, held from August 13th to November 15th, with the participation of nearly nine million Cubans in 133,000 meetings held in neighborhoods, workplaces and schools.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 2639
- online: 154
- total: 5755013