Havana, January 11 (RHC)-- The Director for the United States at the Cuban Foreign Ministry, Carlos Fernandez de Cossio, slammed on Friday a resolution presented January 10 by Senators Robert Menendez (Democrat for New Jersey) and Marco Rubio (Republican for Florida), to the U.S. Congress to reinstate a brain drain program targeting Cuban doctors.
Fernandez de Cossio responded to the resolution by the two Senators, who have a long record of anti-Cuban campaigns and actions, via Twitter. “Impotent resentment against Cuba has no limits. Unable to stop recognized human professional development, quality baseball and potential investment. Bob Menendez and Marco Rubio want to restore brain drain program targeting Cuban doctors,” he tweeted.
The U.S. senators aim to reinstate a program that encourages Cuban doctors working abroad on international missions to defect.
The Cuban Medical Professionals Parole Program was in effect from 2006 to 2017, when it was repealed by then-President Barack Obama, amid a thaw in relations between the two countries.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 1983
- online: 130
- total: 5858093