Havana, January 24 (RHC)-- Director for the United States at the Cuban Foreign Ministry Carlos Fernández de Cossío stated that the administration of U.S. president Donald Trump is intent on controlling Venezuela and imposing a colonial government, servile to U.S. interests.
Writing on Twitter, the Cuban senior diplomat stressed that the long list of attacks against Venezuela had one major goal, that of generating chaos and instability in the South American nation.
Fernández de Cossío said the new crusade against Venezuela aims to bring regime change in the Bolivarian nation, for which Washington counts on the complicity of the media and some regional governments.
On Wednesday, Washington and some Latin American allies rushed to recognize opposition leader Juan Guaidó as the self-proclaimed president of Venezuela -- an act Caracas and governments around the world term as a new coup and a violation of the country’s Constitution.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 5833
- online: 259
- total: 8077735