Havana, February 5 (RHC)-- The 16th International Pedagogy Congress 2019 was inaugurated on Monday in the Karl Marx Theater with the participation of Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel. More than 600 delegates from 42 countries are attending the event running until Friday, February 8th at Havana´s Convention Center.
According to the organizing committee, the event program includes discussions on the professional performance of teachers, improvement and transformation of education systems, training challenges and perspectives, and public policies in science, technology and innovation for inclusive and sustainable development.
As well as the more than 1,500 papers that are due to be presented, the results and good practices of thousands of education professionals committed to achieving the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, will be shared during the event.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Cuban Minister of Education Ena Elsa Velázquez highlighted the various achievements of the Cuban educational system, and the state's efforts to continually improve it ever since the early years of the Revolution. Elsa Velázquez called to strengthen the teaching of Jose Martí's works and develop sensitivity in students, without forgetting the material needs of human beings.
The Cuban official recalled the 1961 National Literacy Campaign and work of many Cuban teachers who have brought the light of education to countries around the world.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 1901
- online: 143
- total: 5955507