Architect Omar Lopez, Director of the City's Curator Office, stated that the restoration program will begin in the central Cespedes Park and its adjacent areas, and will complete works began on occasion of the 55th anniversary of the proclamation of the Triumph of the Revolution by Fidel Castro.
The restoration extends to other buildings including the Cathedral Church, the House of Culture and the Imperial Hotel. In addition, preservation works will be undertaken in the monumental area of the 26th of July, at Loma del Intendente, Martí Square and Santa Ifigenia Cemetery.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1755
- online: 179
- total: 3835725