Architect Omar Lopez, Director of the City's Curator Office, stated that the restoration program will begin in the central Cespedes Park and its adjacent areas, and will complete works began on occasion of the 55th anniversary of the proclamation of the Triumph of the Revolution by Fidel Castro.
The restoration extends to other buildings including the Cathedral Church, the House of Culture and the Imperial Hotel. In addition, preservation works will be undertaken in the monumental area of the 26th of July, at Loma del Intendente, Martí Square and Santa Ifigenia Cemetery.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 1729
- online: 138
- total: 4483482