Architect Omar Lopez, Director of the City's Curator Office, stated that the restoration program will begin in the central Cespedes Park and its adjacent areas, and will complete works began on occasion of the 55th anniversary of the proclamation of the Triumph of the Revolution by Fidel Castro.
The restoration extends to other buildings including the Cathedral Church, the House of Culture and the Imperial Hotel. In addition, preservation works will be undertaken in the monumental area of the 26th of July, at Loma del Intendente, Martí Square and Santa Ifigenia Cemetery.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1627
- online: 214
- total: 4101823