Havana, February 20 (RHC)-- President Miguel Díaz Canel said Wednesday that Cubans will respond to Trump’s speech in Miami, Florida, with massive mobilizations in defense of peace and Venezuela’s sovereignty and independence, and with their support for Cuba’s new Constitution, which will be submitted to a national referendum on Sunday, February 24th.
In a Twitter post, Díaz-Canel described Trump’s remarks on Cuba and Venezuela as warmongering, cynical, threatening and totally immoral.
During a press conference here in Havana Tuesday, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez called on the international community to mobilize in defense of peace and against Washington’s plans to invade Venezuela.
In another tweet, president Miguel Díaz-Canel reiterated that what is at stake in Venezuela is the defense of not just the Bolivarian Revolution, but of human dignity and regional and global peace and stability.
And the Cuban head of state called on all Latin American and Caribbean peoples to unite and demand that U.S. imperialists keep their hands off Venezuela.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 2040
- online: 174
- total: 7383483