Havana, February 21 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz Canel has called for stepped up recovery efforts in the five Havana municipalities hit by a devastating tornado last January 27th.
During a Council of Minister meeting Wednesday, Díaz-Canel emphasized the profound humanistic nature of the Revolution and its firm principle that no one will be ever left behind. He then said that preparations for the February 24th constitutional referendum must not, in any way, overshadow recovery efforts and the repair or re-building of homes destroyed by the unusual storm.
The Cuban president said: "We must continue working with the same energy, rebuilding and delivering humanitarian aid to the victims."
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 2656
- online: 131
- total: 5956262