Havana, February 21 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz Canel has called for stepped up recovery efforts in the five Havana municipalities hit by a devastating tornado last January 27th.
During a Council of Minister meeting Wednesday, Díaz-Canel emphasized the profound humanistic nature of the Revolution and its firm principle that no one will be ever left behind. He then said that preparations for the February 24th constitutional referendum must not, in any way, overshadow recovery efforts and the repair or re-building of homes destroyed by the unusual storm.
The Cuban president said: "We must continue working with the same energy, rebuilding and delivering humanitarian aid to the victims."
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 20
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3739
- today: 720
- online: 102
- total: 6272673