Caracas, February 25 (RHC)-- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro on Monday congratulated the Cuban government and people on the referendum held Sunday islandwide on a new Constitution, after a long process marked by transparency and people’s active participation.
In his twitter account, Maduro described Cuba’s referendum as historical, expressing his confidence that it will lead to new, greater victories of the Cuban people and their socialist Revolution. The Venezuelan leader underscored the leadership role played by the first secretary of the Cuban Communist Party Raúl Castro and president Miguel Díaz-Canel throughout the whole constitutional process.
The Venezuelan head of state took the opportunity also to thank Cuban leaders and people for their countless expressions of solidarity with and support for the Bolivarian people against foreign interference in the South American nation.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 1962
- online: 162
- total: 7383405