Havana, February 26 (RHC)-- Cuba’s diplomatic mission at the UN has joined the international campaign of support and solidarity with the Bolivarian Revolution and Venezuelan President, Nicolás Maduro.
“If a new imperialist military intervention were to take place in our region, history will judge severely those responsible and the complicity of whoever accompanies it,” read a letter released by the Cuban diplomatic mission at the UN, in a clear reference to Washington’s threat of military intervention in Venezuela.
The letter, signed by the country’s diplomatic personnel at the UN, insists that the coup threat against Venezuela and an eventual U.S. military intervention in the South American nation damages all of Latin America and only benefits the interests of those who are determined to foment division and conflict among regional nations.
“The members of the Cuban permanent mission to the UN endorse the statement issued by the revolutionary government of Cuba on February 12, 2019,” the letter read.
The Cuban statement blasted the pressures exerted by the U.S. government on other nations, as Washington prepares an invasion, disguised as ‘humanitarian intervention,’ of Venezuela. It called on the international community to mobilize to stop the U.S. from invading the South American nation.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 912
- online: 213
- total: 6743991