Havana, March 11 (RHC) – The capital's Coppelia wifi park will play host to the Public Press Festival, on March 13, Cuban Press Day.
The initiative will bring together journalists from print, television, radio and digital press, who will talk with the public and explain how journalism works in the country.
Ricardo Ronquillo Bello, president of the Union of Journalists of Cuba, confirmed that celebrations will focus on developing a new model of socialist press, and strengthening links with the public.
Among other activities, the festival will include interactive events, book presentations and sales, and exchanges with athletes, comedians and renowned Trova musicians, with singer song-writer David Blanco, set to close the festival.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 16
- The Cuban government announces plan to capture foreign currencies and stimulate national industrial production
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Roy Brown: Puerto Rico is neither free nor a US State
- Cuban and foreign experts debate new trends and achievements in physical medicine and rehab
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 18
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3987
- today: 3917
- online: 152
- total: 6490265