Asuncion, October 12 (RHC)-- The President of Paraguay, Horacio Cartes, received on Friday the credentials of the newly-appointed Ambassador of the Republic of Cuba, Juan Domingo Astiasarán.
The head of the Cuban delegation was welcomed with military honors upon his arrival at the Lopez Palace, seat of government, in the historic district of Asuncion.
During the ceremony and after the delivery of documents, Cartes and Domingo held a brief meeting at the Hall of Independence of the government's headquarters.
During the talks, both officials expressed their government's keeness to stregthen bilateral diplomatic and economic relations, diplomatic sources said.
The Cuban ambassador also extended an invitation to Cartes to attend the Summit of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) to be held in Cuba in January. For his part, the Paraguayan president recalled an earlier trip to the Caribbean nation, in the year 2000.
Foreign Minister, Eladio Loizaga and Cuban embassy counselor, Eduardo Silveira also attended the meeting. Afterwards, the Cuban delegation placed a wreath at the Pantheon of Heroes in the Paraguayan capital.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 3382
- online: 128
- total: 4477062