Geneva, October 12 (rhc)-- The vice president of the Cuban National Assembly, Ana Maria Mari Machado, is heading the island's delegation to the Assembly of the Inter-parliamentary Union, which opened sessions in Geneva on Friday with a particular focus on nuclear disarmament.
The forum will run through next week with the participation of 1 200 delegates, including 600 legislators from 129 countries, according to PL news agency.
Cuba submitted a document to the assembly, which alerts on the danger posed on humanity by nuclear weapons. The fight for the elimination of those weapons must be a priority for the Inter-parliamentary union, because their elimination is the only way to prevent the disappearance of human species.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1979
- online: 157
- total: 4929682